Battery life & other stuff

Andrea Bolognani eof at kiyuko.org
Wed Aug 31 12:17:04 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 05:12:58PM +0200, Hans Bezemer wrote:

> I use Jlime to watch movies. On an 2GB uSD I get about 8 hours of content but
> I get the impression it drains the battery pretty quickly (from the display).
> I never shows my battery 100% charged (I get around 80%), but that may be
> because I've used it intensively for a year. If I get more reliable figures,
> I'll post them here.

I did a video rundown test yesterday, which entailed repeatedly playing a
320x240 .ogv file, with the volume turned off, until the battery died down.

I’m leaving on a trip tomorrow, and my Ben NanoNote will be the only
computing device I’ll carry with me, so I was particularly interested in
how much use I could expect to squeeze out of a single charge.

The uptime measured was just a few minutes shy of four hours, which is more
than enough to watch a couple of movies. Guess what I’ll be doing while on
the plane? ;)

--
Andrea Bolognani <eof at kiyuko.org>