Buzzer and beep command

kyak bas at bmail.ru
Wed Aug 31 16:42:33 EDT 2011

This won't work because setterm disables beep by sending a special
sequence to a terminal. So it needs to be run in a terminal (or with some
trick with redirection).

Anyway, i have this line in /etc/profile:
setterm -bfreq 0;clear

This works every time, though i have to 'clear' the screen to get rid of
this ugly escape character on every login.