IRC and mailing list traffic statistics (until 11/2011)

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Thu Dec 1 20:11:08 EST 2011

> lightly. That's something mysterious Mailman's archiver keeps
> on doing, probably on orders from the cyber division of the
> Ministry of Truth ...

I'm to blame for that. There are some long-standing (ahem, 10+ years)
bugs in pipermail where pipermail garbles mails. So before pushing out
news, I run arch --wipe to recreate the archives to at least arrive at
a stable state so that URLs to old mails don't change. Mails are still
garbled etc. It's messy, but I prefer stable URLs.