ANN: 4tH version 3.61.3 has just been released!
thebeez at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 11 09:34:35 EST 2011
You can download it at http://thebeez.home.xs4all.nl/4tH/download.html
* Unions and pragmas can be defined.
* The library files now support Chebyshev, Bessel, Hermite,
Laguerre and Legendre polynomials, RAM disks, menus, bitfields,
bit arrays, several new sorting algorithms, Morse signs and
* The preprocessor was enhanced, supporting S\", token
concatenation, string comparison, variable assignment and smart
double number/FP literals.
* 'DOES>' can also be used to change the execution semantics of
* A bug concerning shared libraries in the Linux Makefile was
* Overflow and underflow errors in number conversion were fixed.
* A bug in the 'IF' statement of 4tsh was fixed.
* The accuracy of the 'FERF' words was significantly improved.
* A stack optimizer was added to the examples.
* Several new sections were added to the manual.
* Comes with an extensive library, featuring hundreds
of words covering ANS-Forth compatibility, user defined stacks,
lists, XLS files, floating point, etc. etc.
* Almost 95% of the CORE wordset is supported.
* Comes with a nice, 500+ page manual.
* Over 20,000 lines of Forth code!!
* Native packages for MS-DOS, MS-Windows, Ben Nanonote and Linux.
I regret to say this will be the last time I release a binary package
for the Nanonote. The reason is twofold:
- First, I don't have a fully functioning Nanonote anymore, so I'm kind of
compiling in the blind. It has always worked flawlessly, but I'm not in the
habit of releasing stuff without SOME testing;
- Second, 4tH is part of the standard BN OpenWrt package, which makes the
binary package somewhat superfluous.
However, I'm not giving up on the Ben Nanonote. Now I've done my thing (the
X-mas 4tH release is becoming something of a tradition ;-) ) I got my hand
free to revive the beast.
Next, I really want to continue my cooperation with the BN OpenWrt development
team, so if there are EVER any issues, be sure I'm listening!
Absolutely no trees were killed to produce this sig. Well, OK, we had to tie
one up and torture it. That's it.
Visit our website! http://thebeez.home.xs4all.nl/4tH/
*** Home of the 4tH compiler! ***
More information about the discussion