Volume control

EdorFaus edorfaus at xepher.net
Sun Dec 11 19:50:44 EST 2011

Hi,

Seems this got lost somewhere (since it's not in the new image, and I
now realize I got no response last time), so I'll resend the latest
version, which works with the latest image (2011-11-13)...

The asound.conf file (goes in /etc) is the same as for the 2011-05-28
image; it enables software volume control, multiple simultaneous
playback, and multiple simultaneous recording. (Unlike the first
version, which didn't support recording from the mic at all.)

The volume.conf file (goes in /etc/triggerhappy/triggers.d) is updated
for this image, as the names of the keys have changed (from F11/F12 to
VOLUMEUP/VOLUMEDOWN). I see this is how they were committed last time,
so I guess this is expected: http://qi-hw.com/p/openwrt-packages/dab010a

In my testing, both recording and playback now works at least as well
with these settings as without.

I am seeing some odd (and intermittent) problems with recording with
this latest image, but those problems are also present without these
settings, and don't seem to get any worse with them.

--
Regards,
Frode Austvik