[Led Power Supply] project from Deng Ya Nuo

Jon Phillips jon at fabricatorz.com
Tue Dec 13 18:10:14 EST 2011

I forgot to say, this is amazing. Is there a wiki page up for this exciting
project?

In London a few weeks back I saw a usb bike led lamp for 30 pounds! That's
like $60 for a light!

Jon

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 6:25 AM, Adam Wang <adam at sharism.cc> wrote:

> Hi list and Ya Nuo,
>
> Since there's one project hosted by Deng Ya Nuo, I temporarily named it as
> "Led Power Supply" here; If Ya Nuo thinks it's not good to fully express
> it. You can just correct. :-)
>
> I cleaned up and copied some v1.0 files under:
> http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/hardware/led_power_supply/v1.0/
>
> A quick way to know what features/functions it have, see:
>
> http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/hardware/led_power_supply/v1.0/doc/manual__2X1M.jpg
>
> V1.0 demo pictures:
>
> http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/hardware/led_power_supply/v1.0/doc/001_demo_board.jpg
>
> V1.0 video:
>
> http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/hardware/led_power_supply/v1.0/doc/0012_demo_board.ogv
>
> From your txt boms, I tried to put all parts's datasheet link:
> Haven't finished all, just needs some feedback from you; then couples days
> I can fill them all up. ;-)
> u403 main board bom is made:
>
> http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/hardware/led_power_supply/v1.0/bom/u403.ods
> u401 is small so not filled them up yet.
>
> *some feedback for u403*:
>
> (Mechanical):
>
> 1. placing four mechanical holes at each corner on board is good to
> assemble with case if need.
>
> 2. placing terminal blocks(Test Point)'s front hole can be parallel with
> board edge to equip with future possible use case.
>
> e.g. LTP3, LPT5
>
> (BOM):
>
>    1.
>
>    From http://www.irf.com/ there's only two options about IRF350:
>

>    https://ec.irf.com/v6/en/US/adirect/ir?cmd=catSearchFrame&domSendTo=byID&domProductQueryName=IRF350
>
>   one is AUIRF3504, Automotive Q101 40V Single N-Channel HEXFET Power
> MOSFET in a TO-220AB Package, the other is IRF350, 400V Single N-Channel
> Hi-Rel MOSFET in a TO-204AE package. But from your v1.0 mounted picture,
> you indeed used TO-220 package not TO-204, so I am wondering what the real
> p/n is you're using? or do you have that datasheet?
>
> If you bought them from ShenZheng incredible small electronic markets,
> there may have a lot vendors that they don't provide datasheet that met to
> your real part.
>

>    1.
>
>    U26, U27: what brand and p/n?
>    2.
>
>    U28, U29: TL431, what brand and p/n?
>    3.
>
>    C30 ~ C41: there's no 0805 package with 22pF @ 25V general purpose
>    capacitor in YAGEO and TDK categories, so I suggest to arise the rating
>    voltage to 50V then easily to source.
>    4.
>
>    C1 ~ C9: 16V or 25V? 1000UF or 680uF? What's the final voltage you
>    want?
>    5.
>
>    All VCs the pitch of lead has 10mm and 20mm width co-layouted.
>
>    VC1, VC4, VC5:
>
>    you reserved two differences of footprint for lead pitch, 10mm and
> [...]

Jon Phillips 王✳爻气 http://fabricatorz.com ✳ skype: kidproto ✳ irc: rejon
+1.415.830.3884 (global) ✳ +86-187-1003-9974 (beijing)