official u-boot for nanonote from git.denx.de

Rafael Ignacio Zurita rafaelignacio.zurita at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 06:38:31 EST 2011

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 12:54:35PM +0800, Xiangfu Liu wrote:
> Hi
>
> so far the upstream u-boot not support the nand boot. the upstream maintainer
> want me add those code to board file not nand drvier. I still not summit the
> nand boot patches.
>
> the upstream u-boot can be used by 'xbboot'
>   1. boot nanonote to usbboot mode
>   2. xbboot -u 0x80100000 u-boot.bin
>
> the upstream u-boot not 100% support nanonote. the LCD and memcard driver are missing
> the boot options are missing.

Wolfgang, Xiangfu,
  thanks a lot for the clarification. Question: Do you know why the maintainer
is not happy with the nand driver?. Maybe somebody else can help. I doubt,
I am still stuck with the usb host software idea (I have not understood the
mmc code yet, after several months :P ). But, if just the nand driver
is missing to flash and boot from nand, then somebody else would like to
help surely.

Thanks,
Rafa