official u-boot for nanonote from git.denx.de

Xiangfu Liu xiangfu at sharism.cc
Sat Dec 31 05:36:15 EST 2011

On 12/27/2011 07:38 PM, Rafael Ignacio Zurita wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 12:54:35PM +0800, Xiangfu Liu wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> so far the upstream u-boot not support the nand boot. the upstream maintainer
>> want me add those code to board file not nand drvier. I still not summit the
>> nand boot patches.
>>
>> the upstream u-boot can be used by 'xbboot'
>>    1. boot nanonote to usbboot mode
>>    2. xbboot -u 0x80100000 u-boot.bin
>>
>> the upstream u-boot not 100% support nanonote. the LCD and memcard driver are missing
>> the boot options are missing.
>
> Wolfgang, Xiangfu,
>    thanks a lot for the clarification. Question: Do you know why the maintainer
> is not happy with the nand driver?. Maybe somebody else can help. I doubt,

Hi Rafael

the code is ok. only the is at wrong 'place', nand maintainer want me add those
code to board code. not the driver/mtd/nand/jz4740-nand.c,

apply this patch(attachment) and run:
  make ARCH=mips CROSS_COMPILE=mipsel-openwrt-linux- u-boot-nand.bin
will generate a u-boot-nand.bin that can flash to ben nanonote and boot kernel correct.

I will working this nand_spl code this weekend. :) any help/advice will be great.

xiangfu