WebM Video Hardware RTLs

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Tue Feb 8 04:40:09 EST 2011

> Fully functioning as in "working", or as in "OpenCores Certified"?

(sorry I think the model where this worked best 333, not 323)

I don't know to which degree it works, and how reusable it is. It just
came up when Andrey and me talked, and he mentioned he once spent
6 months to implement an Ogg Theora encoder for the Elphel 333 camera.
He stopped maintaining and up-leveling it into newer cameras, because
nobody cared or joined the project.

Andrey is a 100% "I want stuff to work" person, so I am pretty sure at
least in that model (333), the Ogg Theora encoder worked. Andrey's
code has a reputation for being badly documented/hard to read/hard to
reuse. Also there are probably endless details one could improve, as
always. The code is certainly downloadable somewhere, under a 'normal'
license (normal to Andrey means GPL).

A quick googling of 'elphel camera ogg theora encoder' found

http://www.elphel.com/articles/elphel_theora_slides_single.pdf
http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Design_Ideas
http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/Linux-For-Devices-Articles/Building-an-Ogg-Theora-camera-using-an-FPGA-and-embedded-Linux/

He seems to be more interested in Dirac nowadays.