UBB (DIY<->Nanonote bridge) taking pre orders

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Thu Feb 17 13:23:35 EST 2011

Sebastien Bourdeauducq wrote:
> BTW, what is available on the software side to support the UBB?

Right now, there are only a few examples in the form of drivers in
various programs:

- the original blinkenlights
  http://projects.qi-hardware.com/index.php/p/ben-blinkenlights/source/tree/master/bbl/bbl.c

- atben (needs some cleanup)
  http://projects.qi-hardware.com/index.php/p/ben-wpan/source/tree/master/tools/lib/atben.c

- avrdude
  http://projects.qi-hardware.com/index.php/p/ben-blinkenlights/source/tree/master/uart/avrdude/patches

- f32x (various files)
  http://projects.qi-hardware.com/index.php/p/f32xbase/source/tree/master/f32x/

avrdude is used by:

- uart
  http://projects.qi-hardware.com/index.php/p/ben-blinkenlights/source/tree/master/uart

  UART is designed to use the Ben's crystal-based block. For this,
  avrdude will need to provide this clock. This isn't implemented yet.
  For an example of how to do it, see atben.c above.

- atben
  http://projects.qi-hardware.com/index.php/p/ben-wpan/source/tree/master/atusb-pgm

> It would be nice to have a user space GPIO lib, along with a tutorial
> online.

Agreed. Here's an unfinished library that also takes care of unbinding
and re-binding the MMC driver:

http://projects.qi-hardware.com/index.php/p/wernermisc/source/tree/master/libbb

(I didn't finish it back then because of a kernel bug in the bind/unbind
logic. Need to revisit this.)