Nanonote newbie questions

kyak bas at bmail.ru
Sat Feb 19 05:00:16 EST 2011

See for yourself in Ben:
ls /usr/lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.3.3 | wc -l
68

Both C and C++ "Hellow Worlds" work just fine.

In fact, i was able to build the kernel with gcc-mips (just to prove the
point).

Many simple apps without external dependencies, like "patch", and built as
simple as ./configure && make.

On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 10:50:01 +0100
  David Kuehling <dvdkhlng at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,

> You should flash the latest testing image
> (http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/software/images/NanoNote/Ben/testing/2011-02-16/),
> it has gcc installed by default.

  Thought Xiangfu wanted to remove it to safe space.  But you're right
it
  actually made it into the image.

> Please explain more about "GCC is not fully working"? It is working
> just fine - the problem could be that some development libraries are
> missing (for example, it would fail if you try to build some ncurses
> app), but these can be copied from your development tree.

  Not "some" development libraries are missing.  All are missing.

  $ ls /usr/include
  c++        python2.6

  I'd hardly call that usable.  Yes in pure C you sometimes can do
without
  the header.  But you won't get very far without some structs and
stuff.
  cheers,

  David