Arecord project

Eric Brombaugh ebrombaugh1 at cox.net
Sat Jan 1 10:20:22 EST 2011

On Jan 1, 2011, at 2:52 AM, Wolfgang Spraul wrote:

>> I found that au format is not supported on the Ben for whatever reason.
>
> What is au format? Can and should we support it?

http://filext.com/file-extension/AU

.au files are u-law/a-law encoded audio files. They were common on old Sun workstations which used telecomm codecs. AFAIK this is an open standard which requires no special hardware or proprietary IP and it should be supportable. I'm pretty sure that it's already supported by applications like sox.

Eric