GNU Octave port for NanoNote

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Sun Jan 2 10:22:15 EST 2011

hi,

I managed to compile GNU Octave for the NanoNote.  The package source is
available from git://projects.qi-hardware.com/openwrt-packages.git ,
binary package can be downloaded here:

  http://mosquito.dyndns.tv/~spock/openwrt/

You need packages libgfortran, octave and octave-data, and a 12-14
firmware.  Library paths are still wrong, need to start octave via:

  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/octave-3.2.4 octave

Octave uses C++ and maps incredibly amounts of otherwise unused memory
(64MB).  To allow it to do so without being killed, you *have* to run
the following command before starting octave:

  echo "1" > /proc/sys/vm/overcommit_memory

Maybe there is a better way how we can keep libstdc++ from making its
memory pools that large?

To compile the source package you need the patch to enable the Fortran
compiler that I sent earlier (or maybe not, going to commit that part
soon).

cheers,

David