Cell phone charger works on Ben (important bug and fix)

Jane Andreas JaneAndreas at gmx.com
Mon Jan 3 00:46:04 EST 2011

I am not sure if this was caused by the new charger, (it is not reasonably conceivable that it was) but when I turned on the newly charged Ben, and changed the wallpaper, the screen became "washed out", that is to say, overly bright. At first I thought it was battery related, but I switched batteries and it still was too bright.Plus the boot screen was displayed fine. What fixed it was going to the Gmenu settings and moving the LCD brightness to about 20. I had never had to do this before and I had been running OpenWRT for about 1.5 weeks. It seems like it just popped out of nowhere, quite annoying. I was glad to find out nothing was broken.

 If you have this problem, know that all is not lost.

 hack well

 -jain