GNU Octave port for NanoNote

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Mon Jan 3 03:48:47 EST 2011

> Hello, I have installed your Octave port according your instructions
> and it seems

> to work flawlesly. I use firmware from June 2010 (a really old one..).

> Thats really great.

> It needs some time for start (~10 seconds) but then it is very
> responsive (like on a desktop).

Nice to hear that it works.  The last package I uploaded (probably the
one you installed) does not require the LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting, BTW.
Also you should add to your /etc/sysctl.conf the line:

  vm.overcommit_memory=1

So that octave loads by default without out-of-memory symptoms.  Maybe
we should set that by default (Emacs sometimes needs that, too).

cheers,

David