NanoNote on Windows

Sergey Kvachonok ravenexp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 11:48:42 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Bart van Strien <bart.bes at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-01-03 at 10:31 -0500, George wrote:
>> Windows identifies my NanoNote as "Ethernet Gadget," but can't find
>> suitable drivers. Are there any drivers available so I can connect it
>> to my Windows computer?
>
> In a previous search for drivers I found these:
> http://www.thesycon.de/eng/usb_cdcecm.shtml
>
> However, they are commercial, the free demo only
> works for 4 hours, then requires a reboot (and then
> works again).
> Hope this either is enough or you stumble upon
> something better.
>
> Bart

I've tried enabling RNDIS gadget option in the kernel, for which
windows ships default driver, but it did not work with both xp and 7.
Quick testing with usb sniffer and RNDIS protocol spec showed that Ben
does not reply to the protocol request packet from host, but sends
some meaningless truncated response instead. Seems like RNDIS support
in linux kernel has been broken for quite a while. Googling reveals
many reports on this problem, but I've found no solution yet. I'm
running qi-kernel 2.6.36, just in case.

Regards,
Sergey