Help convince my mom to get a Ben

Jane Andreas JaneAndreas at gmx.com
Mon Jan 3 23:10:43 EST 2011

I know what you mean; females and hardcore hacking are not (unfortunately) associated. You do have Ada Lovelaces and Dru Lavignes out there, but most girls are hands-off tech. Her main use is as a document reader- .doc, .pdf, .rtf . This was about her only use of the Jornada 690. But as she learns more from me, she may want to go deeper into the shell. Another possible use is in recording speech for language instruction- she works with special needs children. So maybe a quick interface for recording (better than bare 'arecord' commands) would be in order.

 a more graphical text editor is in order, but i can try the fbterm bit

 thanks