possible window manager for total redesign

Rafael Ignacio Zurita rafaelignacio.zurita at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 12:51:05 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 08:36:31AM -0500, Juan José Díaz Vecchio wrote:
> I have just tested enlightenment a couple of weeks ago. That's my preferred
> WM on my laptop and desktop pc's, but as it needs Xorg to work the
> performance on the NanoNote isn't the best. Maybe it can be compiled to use
> DirectFB i don't know if it will work... maybe something like XDirectFB
> would do something similar to X11 but with less resources. Remember: The
> Freerunner not only have an arm @ 400MHz, but specially 128MB SDRAM, our
> Nano just have 32MB and if one runs an X server, it takes almost 28MB of it
> :(:(:(:(.

Latest Jlime version for Nanonote [1], under Jlime/OE development, uses X
+ etchinus (WM) + Matchbox Desktop. And it uses 10MB of RAM. Yes, it is around
30% of available RAM, but it is not the 90%.

Also, this version has the complete libs (no the lightweight libs around)
and it has the typical daemons running as well : dbus, hald, etc.

Previous Beta work uses around 13MB of RAM.

Regards,
Rafa
PS. Does not E17 support SDL on fb?

[1] http://www.jlime.com/wiki/news/muffinman_preview_release