possible window manager for total redesign

Juan José Díaz Vecchio jjdive at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 14:29:26 EST 2011

Hi Rafa!!

Sure it does! (on top of FB not sdl alone), i would like to get evas working
on top of DirectFB or LinuxFB, both of them seem to work on NanoNote by now.

I really don't how easy it will be, but i tested enlightenment in the
NanoNote, and it's pretty cool jejeje... and slow :(:(:( (again, running on
top of a complete xorg server).

I hope someone can do the trick!!

JJ

2011/1/4 Erwin José Lopez Pulgarin <erwinkendo at gmail.com>

> Greetings Rafael
>
> 2011/1/4 Rafael Ignacio Zurita <rafaelignacio.zurita at gmail.com>
>
> On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 08:36:31AM -0500, Juan José Díaz Vecchio wrote:
>> > I have just tested enlightenment a couple of weeks ago. That's my
>> preferred
>> > WM on my laptop and desktop pc's, but as it needs Xorg to work the
>> > performance on the NanoNote isn't the best. Maybe it can be compiled to
>> use
>> > DirectFB i don't know if it will work... maybe something like XDirectFB
>> > would do something similar to X11 but with less resources. Remember: The
>> > Freerunner not only have an arm @ 400MHz, but specially 128MB SDRAM, our
>> > Nano just have 32MB and if one runs an X server, it takes almost 28MB of
>> it
>> > :(:(:(:(.
>>
>> Latest Jlime version for Nanonote [1], under Jlime/OE development, uses X
>> + etchinus (WM) + Matchbox Desktop. And it uses 10MB of RAM. Yes, it is
>> around
>> 30% of available RAM, but it is not the 90%.
>>

> Wow! You are making real progress up there. Being that, that makes me want
> to start the e17 testing with several X configurations.
>
>> Also, this version has the complete libs (no the lightweight libs around)
>> and it has the typical daemons running as well : dbus, hald, etc.
>>
>> Previous Beta work uses around 13MB of RAM.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Rafa
>> PS. Does not E17 support SDL on fb?
>>
>> I believe so, the Enlightment library is very flexible in that means.
>
> Good work and congrats!
>

>> [1] http://www.jlime.com/wiki/news/muffinman_preview_release

> --
> Gracias
>
> Erwin José López Pulgarín
> Coordinador General Grupo CEIMTUN
> Ingeniería Mecatrónica
> Universidad Nacional de Colombia

Juan José Díaz Vecchio
Estudiante Ing. Mecatrónica
Grupo Ceimtun
Departamento Ing. Mecánica y Mecatrónica
Universidad Nacional de Colombia