WiFi Data Rates on NanoNote and SDW823 ??

Ron K. Jeffries rjeffries at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 19:03:51 EST 2011

The elephant in the room is that WiFi and the Spectec card are
not supported. A relatively few people have the Spectec card
and from what little discussion we've seen here, it seems to more or
less work.

If WiFi is critical to what you need to accomplish, Nanonote may
not be the platform that will best meet your needs.

Werner (on this list) is working on some hardware and software
using  IEEE 802.15.4-2003 radio and the 6LoWPAN protocol suite
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6LoWPAN

The plan is ti have a small card that plugs into the Nanono's
microSD slot, with a second part for the PC end of the wireless
connection that is a USB dongle with the radio.

This will be VERY cool, but if you need WiFi on Nanonote
as far as I know you will not get official support. And I assume
you already know how expensive the Spectec card is.
---
Ron K. Jeffries