gcc-mips and ncurses and Gnu Scientific Library

Delbert Franz ddf at sonic.net
Thu Jan 6 22:59:40 EST 2011

Thanks, Xiangfu, these fonts look quite good and are better than the
4x6 fonts that can be enabled in the kernel.  I tried the 4x8 fonts
with the ncurses demos and like many font sets, the line drawing
characters are missing.  However, I have already figured out how to
update the font using the Gimp.  I'll just adapt parts of other
characters to get the basic set needed to draw boxes with single
weight lines.  That's what is used most.

I already added the missing characters to a 5x8 font in the psf
format.  Perhaps when I get the 4x8 font updated and checked, it could
be added to the collection for the Nanonote.  Ill let you know when
the revised font file is ready.

            Delbert