Uses I am making of my Nanonote.

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viriketo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 04:09:00 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 08:50:16PM -0800, Delbert Franz wrote:
> Just a short note on how I am using this tiny device:
> 4.  When I noticed that the Mecurial(hg) VCS was available, I cloned
> my current project, about 1.7 GB, onto the SD card using my desktop.
> Doing that much on the Nanonote would have taken a very long time.
> However, pulling and updating works fast enough.  Then I can put the
> Nanonote in my pocket and have yet another backup of this project.  It
> involves ten years time and more than $500,000 in contracts--I don't
> want to be without more than one copy:) One does need swap for hg.  In
> one case I made major changes to several files, one was about 20MB in
> size, and the Nanonote used 59MB out of 63MB of swap space:) More
> normally it uses 10-20MB on a pull and update.

I've been using fossil (http://fossil-scm.org) without swap and it works fine
there.

The uses we had for the nanonote have a zero intersection I think. :)

I used the nanonote mainly:
- Having fun preparing a GNU/Linux OS for it:
  http://vicerveza.homeunix.net/~viric/cgi-bin/nanonixos
- Reading News from RSS feeds:
  http://vicerveza.homeunix.net/~viric/cgi-bin/offrss
- Playing prboom.