Proper graphical GNUplot package

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Fri Jan 7 06:52:05 EST 2011

> On 01/07/2011 12:25 AM, David Kuehling wrote:
>> Note that this primitive terminal driver is not compatible with
>> Octave, since octave needs advanced multiplot features.  The 'vgagl'
>> driver might work, but needs lib3dkit that I didn't yet have time to
>> port.

Hi Xiangfu,

> I would like to help on port 'lib3dkit', make nanonote more powerfull
> :) by google the 'lib3dkit', I found 'threedkit' and those[1] emails,

I don't know whether you really want to go into the depths of the
GNUplot and svgalib source code, maybe it's enough if I waste my time
with such a futil pastime :)

If you have time on your hand, maybe you (or anybody else) could have a
look at porting the wxWidgets GUI library [1]?  It can use GTK as
backend, so should be able to run on the nanonote via directfb.  Quite a
lot of software can use wxWidgets, including gnuplot and plplot, so
having it available would help a lot with porting GUI apps.

> please give me some info about 'vgagl' 'lib3dkit', do we need modify
> gnuplot-ggi after we have those libs.

Note that I renamed that to gnuplot-gfx, since it's just a gnuplot with
grafics support, no dependency to GGI anymore (GGI could not switch
reliabley between text/graphics mode).

Cheers,

David

[1] http://www.wxwidgets.org/