POV-Ray license

Xiangfu Liu xiangfu at sharism.cc
Wed Jan 19 05:36:55 EST 2011

On 01/13/2011 06:32 PM, David Kuehling wrote:

>> I would be more interested at this point in finding a 2d graphics
>> program that could generate objects based on equations/descriptions.
>
> What about PostScript?  It is actually very usuable for this sort of
> thing, if you except the RPN syntax.
>
> https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/PostScript
>
> There are quite a few good books about PostScript programming out there,
> that help with getting started.
>
> The other question is: do we have a PostScript interptreter
> (i.e. GhostScript) port for the NanoNote?

Hi David

do you mean this package:

(ALL commands run under 2010-12-14)
openwrt-xburst$ ./scripts/feeds search GhostScript
Search results in feed 'qipackages':
ghostscript              	interpreter for the PostScript language and for PDF

1. it doesn't worked out of box.
root at BenNanoNote:~# gs
gs: can't load library 'libcupsimage.so.2'

2. then I try install:
root at BenNanoNote:/usr/lib# opkg install cups
Installing cups (1.4.4-1) to root...
Downloading http://fidelio.qi-hardware.com/~xiangfu/compile-log/image-all_packages-01172011-2200/packages//cups_1.4.4-1_xburst.ipk.

3. just input 'gs' (don't know how to use it), I got:
root at BenNanoNote:/usr/lib# gs
Segmentation fault

4. but --help works fine
root at BenNanoNote:/usr/lib# gs --help
GPL Ghostscript  9.00 (2010-09-14)
Copyright (C) 2010 Artifex Software, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Usage: gs [switches] [file1.ps file2.ps ...]
Most frequently used switches: (you can use # in place of =)
 -dNOPAUSE           no pause after page   | -q       `quiet', fewer messages
 -sDEVICE=<devname>  select device         | -dBATCH  exit after last file
 -sOutputFile=<file> select output file: - for stdout, |command for pipe,
                                         embed %d or %ld for page #
Input formats: PostScript PostScriptLevel1 PostScriptLevel2 PostScriptLevel3 PDF
Default output device: bbox

> David

Best Regards
Xiangfu