text to speech on Ben

Rafael Ignacio Zurita rafaelignacio.zurita at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 11:38:12 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 12:42:10PM +0100, David Reyes Samblas Martinez wrote:
> yeah, it was flite(not festival) and espeak what I tested, and results
> doesn't were too good :(

The problem with espeak is for playing sounds, but the engine is okey.
I tested last night, and if you send the output to stdout, and use aplay,
it plays mostly okey I think :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emTmPVDSd_s

And if you change a bit the arguments -s and -a it plays still better.

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 01:53:02PM +0300, Yury Bushmelev wrote:
> 2010/12/30 Jane Andreas <JaneAndreas at gmx.com>:
> > I think it would be worthwhile to try and get any or many text to speech
> > systems running on the Nanonote. Any of the following (for starters)
> > E-speak
>
> OpenEmbedded have espeak recipe, so at least Jlime people may include it :)

It is on Jlime repository.

Rafa