price and power consumption of YA nanonot

Rubén Berenguel ruben at mostlymaths.net
Wed Jan 26 06:34:01 EST 2011

I think the current Nanonote suffers the same problem my old Pentium
II had. Too little RAM. I had 32 MB, Pentium 2 233Mhz. It is almost
the same as a Nano, as you can see... But the RAM fills up quicker
than anything else. If we could tinker with our nano adding more ram,
or if the next version had, say, 64 in some "standard" format we could
mess and change for 128 or 256 (or dream about 1Gb?), that would be
awesome: we could get the system in a RAM disk and speed up access a
hundredfold (to say a figure). Even 64 MB would allow us to have more
programs running at the same time without clogging. Currently I'm
writing a post about my Debian experience, and I got an screenshot of
Dungeon Crawl (if you like dungeon crawl games, nethack style, you
will have read about this one), and I need 50mb of swap to boot it,
then it works pretty well... But eats a lot of resources while running
and I can't have an emacs in another console (for example).

Ruben