GJay-based smart audio-player for Ben

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Fri Jul 8 08:48:07 EDT 2011

Xiangfu Liu <xiangfu at sharism.cc> writes:

> On 07/07/2011 09:30 PM, Joshua Judson Rosen wrote:
> > Attached is a git patch against qipackages' release_2011-02-23 branch
> > to add a Makefile for GJay, along with the patches required for it
> > to build and run correctly as a command-line utility on openwrt.
> >
> > I'll send some more patches to include mpdjay and the various
> > config-file changes, soon.
>
> Hi Joshua
>
> thanks, committed.
>   http://qi-hw.com/p/openwrt-packages/9c1f686
>
> it's also needs a small patch on 'gsl' package for make it compile fine:
>   https://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2011-July/011575.html

Ah, yes--I forgot that I'd also made that change, here. Good catch :)

Sorry for the omission! Re-checking the other feeds, that does appear
to be the only dependency that I missed.

> here is the binary: (base on 2011-05-28 version)
>   http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/people/xiangfu/packages/gjay_0.3.2-1_xburst.ipk

I know you're aware because you mentioned it on IRC, but I should
probably point out for anyone following along here, that while
my use of GJay on the NanoNote is strictly as a command-line utility,
it's actually a GTK+ application that can launch a GUI (and does so
if invoked with no parameters). And the GUI does *run* on the Ben
using GTK+/DirectFB, but it's not particularly usable.

Note also that the Makefile that I supplied builds GJay
without support for directly remote-controlling any music-players,
so it just generates playlists either for saving to a file
(from the GUI) or for output on stdout (from the command-line).
This isn't really an issue when using GJay from the command-line,
though (it mainly means that the `Play' button in the GUI
doesn't do anything), and having fewer dependencies makes
the package easier to build and install.