Sales of ATBen and ATUSBr

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Tue Jul 12 04:55:55 EDT 2011

David Reyes Samblas Martinez wrote:
> ATUSB->73 left (made 120, ok 117)
> ATBEN->93 left (made 135 ok 135)

Thanks for the numbers ! This is actually about twice than what I had
estimated based on the feedback I've seen on #qi-hardware. Given that
the software still isn't quite ready for daily use, I'd consider this
a vote of confidence. A big "thank you" to all the early birds !

Regarding the software, I'm now quite happy with the atben low-level
driver support. The layers above it, including the at86rf230/1 driver
still leave much to be desired, though.

For atusb, it seems that my original plan, to just provide a layer
underneath the at86rf230/1 driver (like for atben) and leave the rest
to the kernel won't work. Plan B is to just implement a "hard MAC" in
the atusb firmware. I'll maintain compatibility with the existing
spi_atusb driver for now.

Sorry for the lack of progress in the last few days. Been down with a
flu :-(