Pictures / atben

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Tue Jul 12 05:39:53 EDT 2011

Am 12.07.2011 um 11:12 schrieb Werner Almesberger:

> Christoph Pulster wrote:
>> Unfortunately the sales for UBB, atben/atUSB, naviboard are none.
>
> I'm a bit disappointed that UBB isn't getting more attention. I would
> have hoped to see some DIY projects by now. Seems that we're failing
> to reach the people who aren't afraid of touching a soldering iron.

My personal impression is that those have died out in the last months
(it is much easier to buy some *pad and install widgets from a *store)
and only our handful of "hardware dinosaurs" remain :)

> For atben/atusb, a slow start is to be expected. Things should
> improve once it's good for real-life use.
>
> I think the naviboard could draw more attention if it would be shown
> how to properly attach it to a Ben. For example, you could probably
> wire it to UBB, then superglue the side with four chips to the bottom
> of UBB. On the software side, i2c-gpio.c could then take care of the
> communication.

Yes, that is exactly what has to be done. It "just" needs someone
who is willing to experiment with it and write down how it works.

Unfortunately, no member of the Naviboard development team owns
a Nanonote nor a UBB and is experienced with the kernel system,
and probably vice versa.

But you know, hope (for a volunteer) is the last to die :)

Nikolaus