Pictures / atben

Jon Phillips jon at fabricatorz.com
Tue Jul 12 08:03:52 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 4:39 AM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
<hns at computer.org> wrote:

> Am 12.07.2011 um 11:12 schrieb Werner Almesberger:
>
>> Christoph Pulster wrote:
>>> Unfortunately the sales for UBB, atben/atUSB, naviboard are none.
>>
>> I'm a bit disappointed that UBB isn't getting more attention. I would
>> have hoped to see some DIY projects by now. Seems that we're failing
>> to reach the people who aren't afraid of touching a soldering iron.

Is UBB nanonote specific? Will it work on other products?

> My personal impression is that those have died out in the last months
> (it is much easier to buy some *pad and install widgets from a *store)
> and only our handful of "hardware dinosaurs" remain :)

And, there aren't really that many hackers and dads in the garage.
Many more simple consumers to buy cased/clothed products.

>> For atben/atusb, a slow start is to be expected. Things should
>> improve once it's good for real-life use.
>>
>> I think the naviboard could draw more attention if it would be shown
>> how to properly attach it to a Ben. For example, you could probably
>> wire it to UBB, then superglue the side with four chips to the bottom
>> of UBB. On the software side, i2c-gpio.c could then take care of the
>> communication.
>
> Yes, that is exactly what has to be done. It "just" needs someone
> who is willing to experiment with it and write down how it works.

> Unfortunately, no member of the Naviboard development team owns
> a Nanonote nor a UBB and is experienced with the kernel system,
> and probably vice versa.

They should buy one. They are inexpensive.

Jon

--
Jon Phillips
http://fabricatorz.com/