Visibility via ACM, was: Re: Programming in the Classroom

Wolfram Kahl kahl at cas.mcmaster.ca
Thu Jul 14 08:47:02 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 10:23:19AM +0200, Sebastien Bourdeauducq wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 18:41 -0400, Wolfram Kahl wrote:
> > I just found the following in the ACM TechNews (http://technews.acm.org):
>
> Can we submit a Qi Hardware story to ACM TechNews as well?

They just seem to bundle stories appearing elsewhere,
apparently mostly in ``mainstream media''.

Somewhere between a quarter and half of them I tend to have seen
(for example in NYTimes) before I get them via ACM TechNews.
Looking at their website, I only find at the bottom of the current issue:

 | To submit feedback about ACM TechNews, contact: technews at hq.acm.org

Now that you ask, it comes to my mind that you probably really want to
consider to submit to their magazine ``Communications of the ACM'':

  http://cacm.acm.org/

  http://cacm.acm.org/about-communications

  FAQ ``How do I submit an article''
  http://cacm.acm.org/about-communications/faqs/#Q21