lingot or fmit for awesome application of Ben

Jane Andreas JaneAndreas at gmx.com
Fri Jun 3 16:14:20 EDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: Bas Wijnen
Sent: 06/01/11 10:24 AM
To:  discussion at lists.en.qi-hardware.com
Subject: Re: lingot or fmit for awesome application of Ben

That is a problem in itself anyway. Jack uses floats as internal sample format, which means that it is (well, at least I expect it to be) terribly slow without a coprocessor. from the LINGOT home page:
     System Requirements
 Your system must satisfy the following requisites to run LINGOT properly:

    *  A «modest» computer running GNU/Linux. (Pentium at 200 MHz or similar should be enough.)
    *  A
 *sound card*    *  with line-in or microphone input.
    *
 *Jack*    * ,
 *ALSA*    *  or
 *OSS Audio support*    * .
    *
 *GTK+ library*    * , version 2.0 or above.
 So is it the case that the Ingenic 336 Mhz is not on par with a P200mhz?
 Or is JACK the real problem?
 I know we have GTK no problem, and sound card

 The fact that it says jack alsa, OR OSS seems to imply a choice...hmm

 just thoughts