USB usages?(Ben)

Bas Wijnen wijnen at debian.org
Wed Jun 8 02:37:47 EDT 2011

Op 08-06-11 05:59, Jane Andreas schreef:
> With the Ya Nanonote to have USB host, I wonder what uses it is intended
> for? Could I feasibly:
> plug a USB flash drive in?
> plug a USB printer or scanner in?
> plug a wireless b/g/n adapter?
> plug a usb keyboard in?
> plug a usb wireless mouse in?

Yes to all. However, I would expect that it will not be capable of
providing much power, so a bus powered hard drive may be a problem (but
I could underestimate it, too).

> also, would it be USB 1, 2, something else?

This is related to the CPU. :-) With the current CPU, USB host support
is only USB 1. With a different CPU, it will likely be USB 2.

> I don't want to get my hopes up too high without knowing what's up

I think the main disappointment to avoid is to think it's almost ready
and do a "busy wait" for it. ;-) It will probably take quite some time
before it's ready. Wolfgang may have an estimate? But I think even he
doesn't.

Thanks,
Bas