USB usages?(Ben)

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Wed Jun 8 22:48:34 EDT 2011

"Jane Andreas" <JaneAndreas at gmx.com> writes:

> With the Ya Nanonote to have USB host, I wonder what uses it is intended for?
> Could I feasibly:
> plug a USB flash drive in?

Yes--personally, I'd probably want to use USB-flash support to share music
with people: many more people I know carry USB flash drives than carry
micro-SD cards, and there's a lot of great (legally-sharable) music
out there--more than a single person can discover & sort through alone,
so this would be really helpful :)

Actually, the idea might as well be more generic than that: a USB
file-sharing device.

> plug a wireless b/g/n adapter?

I'd actually like to try a *wired* ethernet adaptor with a NanoNote,
as part of my RTP-/MPD-based whole-home audio system. I've been
running the proof of concept system on scavenged laptop and desktop
PCs, and just ordered my first plug computer to see how that works,
but I'd really like (as silly as this may sound...) to have a couple
of nodes in the system with displays with fresnel lenses in front
of them; the price is right for Ben NanoNote, if only it were
possible--I was so disappointed when I remembered that it wasn't :)