Bitcoin stolen

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Wed Jun 15 09:30:47 EDT 2011

Cristian Paul Peñaranda Rojas <paul at kristianpaul.org> writes:

> Is an interesting thread:
>
> http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=6f0c6972d6642a6698530ec775b29c4f&topic=16457.0;all
>
> check #33, but the point will be if we ship bitcoins on a device like
> the nanonote, how we secure dont lost the walled because of a nand/flash
> issue..
>
> But seems a fair point, having a offline device for storing your coins

Yes. There's something to be said for `physical security'--just like
for a conventional wallet that holds conventional, government-issued
bills.

As I read through the initial message in that thread, there was
a certain `bleak hopefulness' that came over me: `maybe this is
the way to finally make people care to understand things like
security'.

And then I read his last remark:

   "Needles to say I feel like I have lost faith in bitcoin."

Isn't that's like saying..., I don't know, `I had my life savings
in my jacket, and then someone mugged me and took my jacket!
I've lost my faith in THE DOLLAR!'?