Ben as a audio walkstation: mod trackers... (was: Ben NanoNote applications)

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Fri Jun 17 23:00:37 EDT 2011

> upstream I can find for it is sunsite^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H ibiblio:
>
>     http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/apps/sound/players/funktrackergold-1.5-2.lsm
>     http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/apps/sound/players/funktrackergold-1.5-2.tgz
>
> ... with a timestamp in mid 1999(!))..., but it's worth a try at running it.

Wow, ibiblio and unmaintained since 1999 - that makes me think
about the bigger copyleft hardware picture.
Most tech followers laugh at our innovation, label it as 'underpowered'
etc. We need to find the right message...

> It's quite remarkable how much more interesting curses-based apps have
> become to me, since I got my Ben... ;)

Yes, same here. And I think there are more good things to discover :-)

Cheers, and thanks for digging up FunktrackerGOLD! (from the golden 90's,
I guess)
Wolfgang