gForth

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Sat Jun 18 04:38:43 EDT 2011

> Hello All,  Is anyone using the default gForth that comes with Ben? If
> so, is it working?

Perfectly working and well maintened (by me :)

Well, what doesn't work is gForth's interface to C-libraries
('c-function' & friends).  But we have the latest gforth-CVS assembler
support in it (ABI-CODE), and I already coded a simple C-interface in
assembler.

Here is a demo that shows how to do graphics from gForth:

  http://mosquito.dyndns.tv/freesvn/trunk/nanonote/forth/

The manual corresponding to the CVS snapshot (documenting the recent
ABI-CODE stuff) can be found here:

  http://mosquito.dyndns.tv/~spock/gforth.pdf

If you read german, here is an article about gForth on the NanoNote:

  http://www.forth-ev.de/filemgmt/visit.php?lid=337

Ah, and if you want to do hardware-hacking, you can use gForth to
programm the GPIOs at high speed (see the jz47xx_gpio_demo.fs file).
Might take a UBB board to be useful.

David