gForth

Emeka emekamicro at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 02:16:29 EDT 2011

Hello David,

Thanks for the links..... I am saving money to enroll into a German class
soon :(
I tried this ..
root at BenNanoNote:/# gforth -v
gforth 0.7.0-2010913
root at BenNanoNote:/# gforth
gforth: cannot open image file gforth.fi in path
:/usr/lib/gforth/site-forth:usr/share/gforth/site-forth:/usr/lib/gforth/0.7.0-2010913:/usr/share/gforth/0.7.0-2010913
for reading

What should I do to get the interpreter working?

Emeka

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 9:38 AM, David Kuehling <dvdkhlng at gmx.de> wrote:

> > Hello All,  Is anyone using the default gForth that comes with Ben? If
> > so, is irking?
>
> Perfectly working and well maintened (by me :)
>
> Well, what doesn't work is gForth's interface to C-libraries
> ('c-function' & friends).  But we have the latest gforth-CVS assembler
> support in it (ABI-CODE), and I already coded a simple C-interface in
> assembler.
>
> Here is a demo that shows how to do graphics from gForth:
>
>  http://mosquito.dyndns.tv/freesvn/trunk/nanonote/forth/
>
> The manual corresponding to the CVS snapshot (documenting the recent
> ABI-CODE stuff) can be found here:
>
>  http://mosquito.dyndns.tv/~spock/gforth.pdf
>
> If you read german, here is an article about gForth on the NanoNote:
>
>  http://www.forth-ev.de/filemgmt/visit.php?lid=337
>
> Ah, and if you want to do hardware-hacking, you can use gForth to
> programm the GPIOs at high speed (see the jz47xx_gpio_demo.fs file).
> Might take a UBB board to be useful.
>
> David
> --
> GnuPG public key: http://dvdkhlng.users.sourceforge.net/dk.gpg
> Fingerprint: B17A DC95 D293 657B 4205  D016 7DEF 5323 C174 7D40

*Satajanus  Nig. Ltd

*