problems compiling emacs natively on the nanonote

Rafael Ignacio Zurita rafaelignacio.zurita at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 10:19:29 EDT 2011


On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 7:00 PM, Niels Felsted Thorsen <nift at maclisp.org> wrote:
>
> David Kuehling <dvdkhlng at gmx.de> writes:
>
> >>>>>> "Niels" == Niels Felsted Thorsen <nift at maclisp.org> writes:
> >
> >
> > I think the best solution would be to implement hibernation support on
> > our nanonotes, so you won't have to restart emacs over and over :)
>
> That would be nice ;)

Just for the records. I did a year ago the second stage on the nanonote
and Jlime, when emacs started for the first time. It worked well,
and IIRC I had 32MB of swap on uSD storage card.

It runs a lot faster after that.

Also, no idea about Debian, but OE tried to set a whole mipsel qemu
in order to do that last step when building emacs. But I stopped the
task because it tried to use a lot of space on disk when doing
that, and I needed the space as well :)

Rafa




More information about the discussion mailing list


interactive