Synchronization

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viriketo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 05:08:25 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 06:48:20PM -0700, useingubuntu at gmail.com wrote:
> I use SCP and a simple udev rule to back up my home directory
> automatically when I plug in my Nanonote. I also use SCP for file
> transfer.
> * jon at rejon.org (jon at rejon.org) wrote:
> > So I want to talk with you all about how you sync and backup your nanonote.
> > If you are like me you are using rsync to do this.

I use rsync when I have some 'master copy', but I use unison when I really need
synchronisation.

I have not tried unison in the nanonote though, but I use it with a sheevaplug
and mips64 machines. I'm not aware of its memory requirements. In the nanonote
I've put the files I wanted to keep in sync in a DVCS (fossil), then the
synchronisation goes on easily, if you are fluent in the DVCS.

Regards,
Lluís.