Synchronization

useingubuntu at gmail.com useingubuntu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 14:29:03 EDT 2011

Hmm.. I used a unicode character. Here's the non-unicode version:
I followed the steps in this guide[1], then added the following lines to
the "nanonote-plugged-in" script:
ssh root at bennanonote "date -s $(date +%Y%m%d%H%M)"
ssh root at bennanonote "/sbin/hwclock -w"
scp -r root at bennanonote:/root/ /home/user_name/nn/
scp -r root at bennanonote:/etc/ /home/user_name/nn/

My additions just backup my Nanonote and set the date, but you can do
practically anything. Note that this requires passwordless login. A bit
tricky to set up, but well worth the effort.
1. http://en.qi-hardware/wiki/Ethernet_Over_USB under the "Making it
Persistent" section.