Using Ben NanoNote for creating music

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Wed Jun 22 17:23:36 EDT 2011

Hi,

I just stumbled over kind of a 'midi compiler' program.  Takes text,
outputs midi.

Not sure how much work is needed to make that compile on a modern unix.
It's ancient (15+ years old):

ftp://ftp.monash.edu/pub/midi/PROGRAMS/mf2tsrc.zip

For midi playback we already have 'exmidi', installed by
liballegro-examples under /usr/bin/allegro/exmidi (yeah need to fix the
path).  This is available in recent nightly 'trunk' builds.

Mybe if somebody makes the midi-compiler work I'll code up a better kind
of a player :) Once the Lua bindings for liballegro are ported, that's
going to be easier.

cheers,

David