RFC: Small additions to the atusb driver code

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Wed Jun 22 21:42:37 EDT 2011

Hello.

We never meet each other so you may wonder what I'm sending you here. :)

I got 6 atusb sticks to use them in my diploma thesis and Werner was kind enough
to forward me a, maybe outdated, version of your usb skeleton for the atusb
driver.

I spent some time to get the the ieee802154 stack up on my laptop and starting
lookign through your code and the the at86rf231. During this I came up with to
little patches. Not sure if they still apply to your current work tree or might
already be no longer needed. Its up to you what to do with them. The first one
could as well be a switch/case but I'm always to lazy for this with only three
options. ;)

The second one helps us to get rid of the double probing of the driver as it
does have two interfaces. We only care about interface 0 here. At least that is
my understanding.

I'm also wondering how we could sync best with the work on this driver. Werner
is still musing about the overall architecture and I'm happy with a coding
monkey role for this project. Also I have soem time pressure here as I'm needing
this low level parts for some other aspects of my diploma thesis.

I don't write this to rush any of you but to let you know about my background.

Looking forward to hear from you.

regards
Stefan Schmidt