Some notes about the latest xburst-tools

kyak bas at bmail.ru
Sat Mar 5 08:24:13 EST 2011

Hi Xiangfu,

I've installed the latest xburst-tools from git, and there are several
issues:

1) the "reset" command doesn't show up in "help" output of usbboot.
However, it works fine :)

2) reflash_ben.sh shows that only half of bootloader is flashed (it was
fine with previous version of xburst-tools)

flashing bootloader...
Done:  1/2
[#######################################                                       ]

3) something is wrong with autotools/configure? After i change configure
options, for example, --sysconfdir=/usr/local/etc, i have to run make
clean, otherwise these changes won't be noticed by make.

The next issue might be related to 2):

4) When i try to boot /boot/uImage from rootfs (by holding F4), it is
not booted. It says:
In: serial
Out: lcd
Err: lcd
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
Creating 1 MTD partitions on "nand0":
0x00000080[mangled letters]

(it was fine with previous version of xburst-tools)

At first thought this happens because:
5) /usr/bin/mtd.nn is started by /bin/bash. Can we change it to /bin/ash
because some people (like me) don't have bash installed in Ben by
default.

But even when i installed bash and ran "mtd.nn fw_setenv_default" (no
output), i couldn't boot via F4.
Other boot combinations(S,U,M=F1) work fine.

Thank you!