CPU choice for YA

Bas Wijnen wijnen at debian.org
Wed Mar 9 15:07:18 EST 2011

Op 09-03-11 14:13, Wolfgang Spraul schreef:
> When comparing the 4755 and 4760, I wouldn't know why not to
> choose the 4760 right away, after it has matured a bit more.
> DDR RAM and USB OTG are just two of the many good features
> in 4760 (and not in 4755).

I expect that you'll want to move to the MilkyMist eventually. Is that
so far away that it's worth to change to a new temporary CPU for the Ya?

> BTW - semi-related - Ingenic has recently started to publish
> the full programmer's manuals for all their chips, including
> 4755 and 4760, without NDA
> ftp://ftp.ingenic.cn/2soc

That's great news! I want the 4730, so I can make Iris work properly on
the Trendtac.[0] :-) Unfortunately their server seems down now, but I
suppose it will be up at some point. :-)

Thanks,
Bas

[0] In case you're wondering what's happening to Iris, I've decided to
work on projects one at a time now. Iris is not on the top of the list,
which means I don't work on it at all currently. However, when it is at
the top of the list, I'll be spending a lot of time on it, and it should
improve real fast. I expect this to happen later this year.