[Milkymist-devel] Milkymist One mechanical feedback

Yi Zhang yi at sharism.cc
Tue Mar 15 22:42:06 EDT 2011

Hi Roh,

On Mar 8, 2011, at 3:48 PM, Wolfgang Spraul wrote:

> ---3
> For the next batch I order, can you glue the 3 buttons together on
> your side? The documentation doesn't say clearly that they need
> to be glued (it says "If necessary, assemble buttons"). I guess
> the "If necessary" is there because of plans to glue them on your
> end?
> There is no glue included, and finding a good glue is also not easy
> as the amount of glue needed is hard to get right, otherwise the
> button will become too thick, or excess glue will make it not fit
> through the button hole. Maybe we should find a 2-side adhesive
> film to glue the 3 plastic pieces together nicely?

I have finally assembled my Milkymist One case. It is beautiful! However I had a little problem with these 3 buttons. After I glued them to the switched and put the side case on, I was not able to press the buttons down/up any more. Could it be the reasons 1) the holes, where those buttons go through fit too well of the size of the buttons; 2) After adding glue, the button seat got too thick?

Should we make the button holes a bit larger?  Should we replace the big seat to small one and add another small seat so that the button stick a little bit out from the case cover?

Yi