Been looking at the circuit for the ATUSB

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 18:00:59 EDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 6:49 AM, Werner Almesberger
<werner at almesberger.net> wrote:
> Richard Sharpe wrote:
>> Does this sound reasonable?
>
> Yes, perfectly. To reduce the number of USB interactions, it will
> probably make sense to introduce an intermediate layer that handles
> slightly more complex operations, and implement these operations in
> the atusb firmware, but that's an optimization.
>
> As a first step, only register and buffer access will be sufficient.
>
> The linux-zigbee project [1] has alredy implementd a partial stack,
> including a - somewhat simplistic - driver for the AT86RF230. So
> that should be a good starting point.
>
> [1] http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/linux-zigbee/
>
> The project's kernel repository is somewhat misleading. A new set of
> patches (for 2.6.38) has been posted to the project's mailing list
> just a few days ago:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=20110320011905.9381.12603.stgit%40localhost6.localdomain6&forum_name=linux-zigbee-devel

Thanks for the pointers. This weekend I want to try building a simple
device driver that gives access to the ATMega registers via /sys/...
as an initial version of the driver to give me some experience with
it. The driver might also be useful for debugging other projects using
the ATMega in that way ...

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe