A Rusian Nanonoter needs help with customs.

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Thu Mar 31 09:57:10 EDT 2011

Hello all,
we are on a hurry next day 6 of April (not a month like he
specifies)the Nanonote will come back to spain, leting this dude
without his beloved NanoNote, anyone with enough experience or acces
to Rusian administration to  try to do something? at least if not for
this one for future Rusian Nanonoters? Dmitry has allowed me to c&p
his mail here, I put him in cc just in case he hasn't recive the
subscrition confirmation to this list:

Dmitry regarding payment don't worry we will find out, the important
is first achive you have access to this NN.
Hello David,

Yes, there's a problem with my parcel.

Unfortunately, it will be sent back to you from the Russian customs,
in a month. The problem is the dumb Russian law, which practically
forbids the import of electronic devices not registered by FSB
(ex-KGB) (NanoNote is not registered and only its manufacturer or its
official distributor can approach FSB to change this). Believe it or
not, but for them, the Ben NanoNote is not the first copyleft hi-tech
device in the world with libre software installed -- it is the alien
cryptographic device threatening safety of the Russian Federation.
Feels like the Iron Curtain is back :-(

At UPS Russia, they said that will take a somewhat month (or even
more) before they ship the parcel.

The issue to settle up now is who will pay for the shipping from
Russia to Spain. They said that will cost nearly same amount that I
paid for shipping from Spain to Russia (~70 Euro). AFAIU you will be
charged for this shipping, but I could pay off the shipping expenses,
just tell me how.

Surely, the ugliness that happened is not your fault, but I wonder, is
it possible for me to get the refund? Even if you're willing to give
back the cost of the returned items, I am not sure it is technically
possible, because I've paid using PayPal and it doesn't allow Russians
to receive payments AFAIK.

David Reyes Samblas Martinez
http://www.tuxbrain.com
Open ultraportable & embedded solutions