Does Ben NanoNote have a USB Host port?

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Tue May 10 10:41:04 EDT 2011

> Does Ben NanoNote have a USB Host port?  The specs are a little
> unclear.  If it does i was thinking we could use the (formerly zydas
> 1211 or 1211b chipset) Atheros ar5524 802.11bg usb.  They have linux
> support.

Work is currently underway to develop a 802.15.4-based low-power
wireless link that can be plugged into the micro-SD slot.  A
corresponding board goes into the USB-port of your computer/router to
give you IPv6-over-802.15.4 low-speed internet connectivity.

http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Ben-WPAN
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/File:2boards-20110305-full.jpg

This fits the ben much more nicely than power-hungry WLAN.

For browsing we have for example a graphical version of Links:

  http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Applications#links

If I start it like this:

  links -driver svgalib -mode 320x240x16M32

I get the following screenshots when browsing slashdot:

  http://mosquito.dyndns.tv/david/nanonote/links-slashdot.png
  http://mosquito.dyndns.tv/david/nanonote/links-slashdot2.png

Very rudimentary, but still leightweight and using only 10 MB of RAM.

cheers,

David