Bluetooth question

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Mon May 16 22:04:12 EDT 2011

> > For a future device, Bluetooth support would be especially
> > useful as a way to support a larger external keyboard.
>
> One problem with BT is that all the corresponding RF chips seem
> to have very closed documentation, making it quite difficult to
> integrate them into a system.

Fully agree. I think we have to be much more radical in looking
for solutions past such legacy technologies. I won't invest one
minute or bitcoin into them.

Better devices can be built if we extend the reach of free tech
to chips that can be bought from multiple independent parties.
Chips with full datasheets without NDA of course.

ben-wpan for me please.